Looking for presentation resources? Look no further.
- Conley’s College Knowledge
- Schmoker’s Focus
- Graff and Birkenstein’s They Say, I Say
- Brown, Roediger, & McDaniel’s Make It Stick
- Marzano’s Building Academic Vocabulary
Here are some further resources:
- Academic vocabulary posts  and 
- Latin Word Chunk post with link to starter kit
- Anchor chart posts  and 
- Math anchor charts from Chris Painter‘s classroom
- Schmoker’s Write More, Grade Less
- “Never Grade Everything Again” post
- “3 Mistakes You’re Making When Giving Feedback on Student Writing” post
Re: Content Retention
Re: Sidebar Conversations
- Academy Teachers: Character Lab (This resource speaks to my ongoing research and our conversation building a culture of character rather than apathy) + Dave Stuart’s character page
- Social Studies Teachers: Germany Fellowship via Transatlantic Outreach Program. (Email me if you’re going to apply, and I’ll share my application and some tips for getting in.)
- Classroom Libraries: Here’s a post about how I organize my books both physically in the class and via the online book check-out system.
Want to be in touch?
I read and write not only to reflect and improve my practice in my own classroom but also to support teachers who are also in the thick of this work. My main topics are literacy instruction and character strengths. Sign up for free updates below.